Kings of the Hills
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kings of the Hills

The Azjol-Nerub guild Kings of the Hills now has its own forum! Rejoice!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

KOTH has rAIDS? (what should we do doctor?)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ayeras

KOTH has rAIDS? (what should we do doctor?) Empty
PostSubject: KOTH has rAIDS? (what should we do doctor?)   KOTH has rAIDS? (what should we do doctor?) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 4:35 pm

Two days ago we had a discussion about merging with some raid guys. I want to post my thoughts about it, briefly cause I want to log in and play lol!
Some people got scared just hearing the words "raid guild", they grabbed their suitcase ready to leave. Well, relax guys, there is no obligatory or customary raid guild law whatsoever farao (trust me I googled it). We make the rules here as we see fit. We don't have to be like anybody else. We'll deal with raid issues like loot and participation the traditional, azeroth renowned KOTH way.Twisted Evil
Nobody wants any kind of army on the other hand. I did my national service some time ago and it was more than enough, thank you. Maybe for my 5th character I would like to get tier7 gear in 2 weeks time, nice and easy, but I'm still at the 1st char and making mistakes and learning is still fun for me. Even wiping!
Not much time ago characters had to leave the guild to be able to raid. Now we can do this in KOTH. This is a major improvement.
And finally, raiding will be obsolete in a month. Even the most hardcore raiding guilds will be leveling again. So brace yourselves the best you can, we are landing at Northrend!
Back to top Go down
Serensee
Admin
Serensee

Character sheet
name:
bar ser:
KOTH has rAIDS? (what should we do doctor?) Left_bar_bleue2/2KOTH has rAIDS? (what should we do doctor?) Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)

PostSubject: Re: KOTH has rAIDS? (what should we do doctor?)   KOTH has rAIDS? (what should we do doctor?) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 7:19 pm

Yeah, kara, it is a major improvement.

One thing though.

Even though we ARE able to raid we will not become a raiding guild. Hardcore raiding guild. We CAN have raids if everyone is in the mood for them but noone is forcing anyone to be a part of something they don't want.

I have been called a lier by someone who left the guild because he or she thought we are turning into a raiding guild. As you might as well know this already, there is no merge going on, and it will never happen, not as long as i am guild leader. Koth is going to stay just the way it is now, social, helpful and RANDOM Smile

Random meaning pvp, silly chats, instances, boosts, and yes, i am afraid we CAN even raid sometimes if we feel like it. Want to go sightseeing instead of joining a guild dungeon or raid or whatever, it's YOUR business and noone will give you the evil eye for that.

When i got to be guild leader of KOTH, the leader just came to me, asked if i wanted it, then left and i was in the position of leading the guild of 9 more players who almost never logged on and i didn't know. I was then just a social player, trying out everything i felt the game had to offer, without settling on anything in particular. I wanted my guild to be just like that, random, and most important, social. Kara, you say you don't want "Army". Koth has never had officers and will never have them, no matter how much the guild will grow. Officers intermediating between guildies and the leader can lead to alot of trouble. I don't want that and KOTH doesn't need it.

This being said, i will go get dinner.
Maybe i will drop a few more lines later.
Back to top Go down
https://koth.forumotion.net
Obediah

Obediah

Character sheet
name:
bar ser:
KOTH has rAIDS? (what should we do doctor?) Left_bar_bleue2/2KOTH has rAIDS? (what should we do doctor?) Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)

PostSubject: Raids   KOTH has rAIDS? (what should we do doctor?) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 11:23 pm

as we talk before these days, kara, i think we have to keep the spirit here, and the ones witch arent like should adapt, if not "join the precision" Smile) if a precision reads this dont be upset on me, im not that "HardcoreRaider" no ofence, its your way of playing the game.

before i come to Azjol nerub, ive plyed wow on a private server in Romania, x8 XP rate, 200% more drops, 200% more rare items chance, 80% less dmg done by instance bosses, anyway, we couldve done illidan or kara with 3 players (full t6 tank, any dps, 1 priest) so we done many runs, was nice but.... (never liked the word but in a sentence Wink) ) all got wiped and we had to go all over again for the lvls and items... , i wanted to say that the satisfaction in wow is on official server, 20-30 ppl killing the dragon on south of stormwind, araane or smthng... and many other stuffs... (ive clicked "X" on an item roll many times... some that others dont like to do - if isnt ok tell me why i should greed if i dont need, and another run will come, beside, the item its on a guild member, or a great guy witch im pretty sure u have him on friends list)

now about the raiding, we could learn.... all we need is to want it.

now if u want try this:
go on an instant lvl 70 server make a char, even try and see if it has shops with items... that usually arent on official, and play on it a bit... and tell me what u fell like scratch ive had full t6 warrior, with epic swords, moongoose and executioner on them, illidan shield... so ive done many raids, but i got to a point with no action but that i get a player get 2-3 other for dps and heal, and tank a run in ili for them but all was for them

scratch so why i did it ? just lost 1h of my time for them why ? couse i liked. but did that 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-etc times, now that has no fun it was like doing something for nothing... just loosing time, now on official serv ive seen that u really need to play the game.

and i think in a raid u dont need "officer"healer to tell u what to do u just need to learn what and when to do so the doctor is us here...

karanae u know my point i cant find those words again... so ive posted the same stuff but different words study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KOTH has rAIDS? (what should we do doctor?)   KOTH has rAIDS? (what should we do doctor?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KOTH has rAIDS? (what should we do doctor?)
Page 1 of 1